How to Buy Safe, Effective and Reasonably Priced CBD Oil
New to CBD oil? This hemp-derived food supplement is one of the most popular health foods on the market right now and for good reason! It’s natural, it’s derived from hemp, and it doesn’t cause any sort of high. Our customers report that using CBD helps them with a number of issues such as sleep, mood, pain, stress and more. But when it comes to buying CBD, it’s important not to get taken in by sellers who are more concerned about making money than providing you with a quality product. The cheapest CBD oil is usually one to avoid…
If you are new to buying CBD oil and other products containing the chemical compound cannabidiol (CBD), this guide will help make the process easier and more convenient, allowing you to buy from reputable sellers and ensuring that what you receive is safe, reliable and reasonably priced. If you don’t know where to start (or what to look for), read on!
What is CBD?
CBD – short for cannabidiol – is a compound found in the cannabis plant that has numerous health benefits. Unlike THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) – another chemical found in the cannabis plant – which produces psychoactive effects when consumed, CBD does not give users a “high.” Instead, it works with your body to promote relaxation and reduce anxiety, while also helping to relieve pain caused by inflammation or injury. The World Health Organisation stipulates that CBD is non-toxic, non-addictive, and non-psychoactive and, to date, there are no reports of serious side-effects.
Buying CBD oil based on price alone can be a serious mistake
If you’re on a budget and want to try CBD oil for the first time, you may be tempted by the cheapest CBD oils on the market. However, be aware that cheap CBD oils may not be reliable in terms of quality control or strength. In our experience (and based on customer feedback), there are several companies selling cheap CBD oils that are less effective and potentially untested.
Scientific studies have shown that careful selection of a product is crucial for both safety and potential efficacy.
The cheapest CBD oil is usually low quality and labelling often lacks transparency
The main issue with cheap CBD is that it is usually low quality and lacks detailed information on the label. Some brands have beautiful packaging but often contain cheap, low quality CBD oils.
The cheapest CBD oil products are usually made from isolate CBD, which is produced synthetically through a series of chemical reactions, yielding a highly pure form of CBD.
Although isolate CBD is extremely cheap to make, it does not contain any phyto-cannabinoids (plant made cannabinoids) or terpenes that you usually get from high quality hemp plants. Isolate CBD is a very processed form of CBD, and very far from how nature intended it.
Sellers can easily and cheaply make low quality CBD products by mixing isolated, synthetic cannabinoids like CBD and CBG together and then claiming they are broad spectrum or even full spectrum oils.
In addition, some brands use terpenes extracted from plants other than cannabis – like pine trees or citrus fruit – in their products. While these additives might improve the scent and taste of your CBD oil, they may not be as effective and their long term use may not have been tested.
The best CBD will contain full or broad spectrum hemp extract
The best CBD oils will contain full or broad spectrum hemp extract. Full spectrum means that the oil contains all of the cannabinoids naturally present in the hemp plant. The best full spectrum CBD oils are pulled from hemp using CO2 extraction, which preserves as much of the natural oils, cannabinoids and terpenes as possible.
Broad spectrum means that you can expect to find a number of phyto-cannabinoids: CBD, CBG, CBC and possibly others, present in the final CBD oil but not as many as you would find in a full spectrum CBD oil. A true broad spectrum oil is made by distilling hemp extract, not by combining synthetic isolates.
The reason full or broad spectrum extracts are preferred is because they have more health benefits than CBD alone. The phyto-cannabinoids in the plant act synergistically with each other to provide a stronger therapeutic effect.
Five key things to check before you buy CBD oil
With all of the different brands, varieties and suppliers out there, choosing the best product can be confusing – especially if you are new to buying CBD oil. But, by keeping a few things in mind, you’ll find that shopping for CBD products can actually be easy, enjoyable and convenient.
Here are the 5 key things to check before you buy:
- The most important thing to keep in mind is the quality of the product. There are many different types of CBD available on the market today and they each have their own unique effects on your body and mind. You should always choose an oil that is third party lab-tested so that you can see exactly what cannabinoids are in the bottle.
- Look to see if the label specifies whether it is isolate, broad spectrum, full spectrum or, ultimately, whole plant CBD. Whole plant and full spectrum CBD oils are the closest to nature and usually the highest quality. Isolate or ‘pure’ CBD is the lowest quality and generally ineffective, except at very high doses.
- How was the CBD oil extracted. e.g. distillation or CO2 extraction (sub-critical or super-critical are the best) or via some other means. There may not always be clear information about what type of extraction process was used to produce the oils. This should be a red flag.
- Read the reviews from existing customers. A good CBD company will have high customer feedback ratings on Google, Trustpilot or other review sites which the seller cannot edit or control. It is usually worth taking the time to read the actual reviews to see what customers liked or did not like about the company, its service and its products.
- Speak with the company that you are buying from. The quality of the customer service that you get and the information that the seller provides can be a good way to get a feel for the company and their passion for high quality CBD. A good CBD company may be willing to offer you a money-back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied. This shows that the company really believes in what they are selling and they are not selling ineffective oils.
While it is possible to find retailers offering low priced CBD oils, the quality of the CBD and the quality of the information about the CBD are often lacking.
Some retailers do not have great customer reviews on their CBD products because they sell overpriced or poor quality CBD. Often their staff do not really understand the different types of CBD and cannot advise you which product to buy or how to use it.
Taking the time to check these 5 key ‘Buying CBD’ tips can make all the difference!
With this information in hand, you’re now ready to buy your CBD product. If you’re looking for a good place to start, we recommend checking out our favourite CBD oils here. Or if you would like more information about the best products for your needs, feel free to contact us!
We love talking about CBD and helping others find their perfect CBD match. You can call Bristol CBD on 07706 031 935 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.