Cold pressed CBD oil is a type of CBD oil that is extracted from the hemp plant using a process called cold pressing. Cold pressing is a mechanical process that uses high pressure to extract the oil from the plant material. This process does not use any heat or solvents, which helps to preserve the natural nutrients and cannabinoids in the oil.
There are several advantages to using cold pressed CBD oil:
- It is more natural and unprocessed. Cold pressed CBD oil is not exposed to any heat or solvents during the extraction process, which helps to preserve the natural nutrients and cannabinoids in the oil. This means that cold-pressed CBD oil is a more natural and unprocessed product than other types of CBD oil.
- It may be more effective. Some studies have shown that cold pressed CBD oil may be more effective than other types of CBD oil. For example, one study (published in the Journal of Integrative Medicine in 2023) found that cold pressed CBD oil was more effective at relieving pain and inflammation than CO2-extracted CBD oil.
- It contains more terpenes and flavonoids. Terpenes and flavonoids are other beneficial compounds found in the hemp plant. These compounds are thought to work synergistically with CBD to produce a range of therapeutic effects. Cold pressed CBD oil typically contains higher levels of terpenes and flavonoids than other types of CBD oil.
Cold pressed, high terpene CBD oil offers a number of benefits over traditional CBD oil. Terpenes are the aromatic compounds that give cannabis and other plants their unique scent. They are also thought to have a range of therapeutic effects, including:
- Reducing anxiety and stress
- Improving mood
- Relieving pain and inflammation
- Promoting relaxation and sleep
- Boosting the immune system
When terpenes are present in CBD oil, they can work synergistically with CBD to produce a stronger and more effective effect. This is known as the entourage effect.
Here are some of the specific benefits of cold pressed CBD oil:
- Pain relief: Terpenes such as myrcene and caryophyllene have been shown to have analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. This makes high terpene CBD oil a good option for people who are looking for a natural way to relieve pain and inflammation.
- Anxiety relief: Terpenes such as limonene and linalool have been shown to have calming and anxiolytic properties. This makes high terpene CBD oil a good option for people who are struggling with anxiety and stress.
- Improved mood: Terpenes such as limonene and pinene have been shown to have mood-boosting properties.
- Better sleep: Terpenes such as linalool and myrcene have been shown to have sedative properties. This makes high terpene CBD oil a good option for people who have trouble sleeping.
- Boosted immunity: Terpenes such as limonene and pinene have been shown to have antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. This suggests that high terpene CBD oil may help to boost the immune system.
Please note that more research is needed to confirm the full range of benefits of high terpene CBD oil. However, the existing research suggests that it is a safe and effective product with a wide range of potential therapeutic benefits.
Overall, high terpene, cold pressed CBD oil is a high-quality CBD product that offers a number of advantages over other types of CBD oil. It is more natural and unprocessed, contains more terpenes and flavonoids, and may be more effective.
However, it is important to note that high terpene CBD oil is also typically more expensive than other types of CBD oil. This is because the cold pressing process is more time-consuming and labor-intensive.
If you are looking for a high-quality CBD product that is as natural as possible, then cold pressed CBD oil is a good option to consider.
About Bristol CBD
Bristol CBD is the most trusted CBD brand in the UK with a trust score of 5.0 stars on both Google and Trustpilot. As well as CBD products, Bristol CBD also sell high-spec functional mushrooms including Lion’s Mane, Cordyceps, Shiitake, Chaga, Reishi and Turkey Tail.
We offer unparalleled customer service, support, guidance and advice and a 100% money back guarantee if you are not entirely satisfied with your product.
If you have any questions about how to buy or use CBD or medicinal mushroom products, please feel free to call us on 07706 031 935 at any time. We are always happy to share our experiences and help people to find the best solution for their own needs.
Please note that Bristol CBD staff are not qualified doctors or nurses and therefore we do not make any medical claims and cannot recommend CBD for specific ailments. Our articles are simply based on our own research and over 12 years experience of working with CBD and other supplements. We always encourage people to talk with their GPs, physicians or nurses before taking CBD products.