Lion’s Mane mushroom (Hericium Erinaceus) is a unique variety of edible fungus that has been used for centuries in Chinese medicine. Lion’s Mane mushrooms offer a variety of potential health benefits due to their unique combination of essential vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and other compounds.
Lion’s Mane is also known as bearded tooth fungus, chicken of the woods, monkey head mushroom and the bearded hedgehog, but most people refer to it as Lion’s Mane.
Lion’s Mane mushroom tincture is a concentrated extract of the mushroom that is made by steeping the mushrooms in alcohol and water. Bristol CBD’s organic Lion’s Mane Mushroom tincture is triple-extracted with ultrasonic assisted extraction (UAE) technology used alongside the water and alcohol extraction. This process helps to boost the extraction of the beneficial compounds from the mushroom and makes them more bioavailable.
Lion’s Mane Mushroom tincture is now gaining popularity in the West as a supplement, so what are the many potential benefits of taking Lion’s Mane Mushroom tincture?
Cognitive Benefits of Lion’s Mane Mushroom
One of the primary advantages associated with taking Lion’s Mane mushroom tincture is its potential cognitive benefits.
Lion’s Mane mushroom has been shown to improve cognitive function in a number of ways. It can:
- Increase the production of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF): BDNF is a protein that promotes the growth and survival of neurons. Lion’s Mane mushroom contains compounds that can increase the production of BDNF.
- Reduce inflammation: Inflammation can damage neurons and impair cognitive function. Lion’s Mane mushroom has anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce inflammation in the brain.
- Protect neurons from damage: Lion’s Mane mushroom contains compounds that can protect neurons from damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that can damage cells.
- Promote nerve growth: Lion’s Mane mushroom contains compounds that can promote the growth of new nerve cells. This can help to improve cognitive function and memory.
Here are some of the specific ways that Lion’s Mane mushroom can improve cognitive function:
- Improved memory: Lion’s Mane mushroom has been shown to improve memory in both humans and animals. In one study, people who took lion’s mane mushroom for 4 weeks had improved scores on tests of verbal memory and working memory.
- Improved attention: Lion’s Mane mushroom has also been shown to improve attention. In one study, people who took Lion’s Mane mushroom for 4 weeks had improved scores on tests of attention and concentration.
- Improved learning: Lion’s Mane mushroom may also help to improve learning. In one study, rats that were given Lion’s Mane mushroom extract learned a maze faster than rats that were not given the extract.
- Reduced anxiety and depression: Lion’s Mane mushroom has also been shown to reduce anxiety and depression. In one study, people with anxiety who took Lion’s Mane mushroom for 4 weeks had a significant reduction in their anxiety symptoms.
In addition, a recent study on mice suggested that regularly eating Lions Mane Mushroom could reverse declines of cognitive functions such as remembering, reasoning, and planning, ranging from mild forms of forgetfulness to severe dementia and even protect against Alzheimer’s disease.
The research on the cognitive benefits of Lion’s Mane mushroom is still ongoing, but the results so far are very promising. If you are looking for a natural way to improve your cognitive function, Lion’s Mane mushroom may be a good option for you.
Benefits of Lion’s Mane Mushroom on gastrointestinal health
Several studies have shown that Lion’s Mane could potentially help to reduce inflammation in the gut and improve digestive function. For example, one study found that Lion’s Mane extract significantly reduced inflammation markers in mice with colitis (an inflammatory bowel disease).
Lion’s Mane mushrooms are rich in essential vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. They contain high levels of riboflavin (vitamin B2), niacin (vitamin B3), pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), folate (vitamin B9), copper, selenium, zinc, and protein. Consuming Lion’s mane mushroom may help improve digestion by increasing nutrient absorption from food while also regulating bowel movements.
Improved Immune System
Research suggests that Lion’s Mane mushroom has anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory properties which may help boost your immune system and fight off infection more efficiently. ·
Consuming Lion’s Mane mushrooms may also offer protective benefits against certain types of cancer cells. For instance, one animal study found that extracts from this type of mushroom could inhibit the growth and spread of various types of cancer cells including breast cancer cells, lung cancer cells, and liver cancer cells.
Although more research is needed before any definitive conclusions can be reached on this topic, these findings do suggest promise for future applications as an anti-cancer agent.
What is the best way to take Lion’s Mane?
The team here at Bristol CBD have been taking Lion’s Mane mushrooms supplements for a couple of years now and found them to have powerful health benefits. So much so that we decided to offer Lion’s Mane mushrooms to our customers.
If you’re looking for an easy way to incorporate Lion’s Mane mushrooms into your diet then why not try our organic Lion’s Mane Mushroom Tincture.
About Bristol CBD
Bristol CBD is the most trusted CBD brand in the UK with a five star trust score on both Google and Trustpilot. We offer unparalleled customer service, support, guidance and advice and a 100% money back guarantee if you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase.
If you have any questions about how to buy or use CBD, mushrooms or other food supplements, please feel free to call us on 07706 031 935 at any time. We are always happy to share our experiences and help people to find the best solution for their own needs.
Please note that Bristol CBD staff are not qualified doctors or nurses and therefore we do not make any medical claims and cannot recommend CBD for specific ailments. Our articles are simply based on our own desk research and a lifetime of experience. We always encourage people to talk with their GPs, physicians or nurses before taking CBD or other supplements.